- Full and Part-time Psychologist
- Part-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practioners and Psychiatrists
- Assistant Office Manager
Aspire Psychology (LLC) is a rapidly growing private group practice serving Portland, Oregon, the surrounding areas and others areas throughout the state. Dr. Jami Howell (Psy.D.) is the founder of Aspire Psychology. She had 7 years of experience managing her own successful, full-time private practice and 11 years of experience as a clinician prior to opening Aspire spring of 2019.
Dr. Jami Howell has lived in the Portland Metro area for the majority of her life and completed all of her training at clinics and colleges in Portland. These experiences have contributed to a large network of ongoing referral sources and connections in the community. In addition, Dr. Howell has developed strong relationships with other providers including psychiatrists, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners, nutritionists, dieticians and primary care physicians. These connections provide mutual referrals and opportunities to collaborate.
Aspire is an integrative group practice offering therapy and medication management. We work with adolescents (16 and older only), individuals and couples from all backgrounds who have mental health needs and/or aspirations for growth. We do not discriminate and are open to patients and clinicians of all races, ethnicities, faiths, sexual orientations, sexes, genders, incomes, education, disabilities, ages, personalities and others.
Excellent Compensation, Benefits and Perks
See specific listings for more detailed information.
The following is provided for all of our providers: (1) Shared comfortable furnished office space and waiting area; (2) Community room with microwave, fridge, sink, water etc. (3) Access to and training in Electronic Health Record (EHR) use (4) office staff to manage billing and new client inquiries and phone screens; (5) marketing, including but not limited to photography and a profile page on Aspire Psychology’s website, business cards and other avenues to introduce our providers to the community; (6) Assistance with the credentialing process with insurance companies if needed; (7) Wi-Fi for you and your clients, Aspire email address, HIPPA protected phone services including a private extension with voicemail for each provider.
Potential for YOU and benefits of working as an Aspire Psychology provider:
- A positive, supportive and flexible work environment where all clinicians, staff and clients are treated with kindness and respect.
- A new, professional, attractive and clean office environment.
- You have the freedom to focus fully on your work with clients without having to worry about billing, space, phone intakes, etc.
- You have the freedom to be the clinician that you want to be; developing your personal style and having time for self-care and enrichment.
- You will have the opportunity to create your unique practice, thriving in your treatment niche and specialty areas as you build and continue your career.
- You will have the freedom to create and collaborate, to form new groups, to lead workshops, write blog posts for the website to enhance your visibility.
These positions are an Employee Position (W2 form for IRS tax purposes) not a Contract Position (1099). As a W2 employee you will have the opportunity to receive more benefits. 401K plan will be set up for you with the opportunity for employer contributions.
You will have some degree of flexible work hours that can include evenings and weekends if desired. The days and hours will be contingent upon office space availability (Monday through Friday, 7AM to 7PM and Saturday 8am to 4pm).
Interested candidates should email Dr. Jami Howell:
- A cover letter explaining your experience and interest in the position, approach to prescribing or therapy, populations you work with and specialties
- A resume including all education and work history relevant to the mental health field
- Three references
We look forward to hearing from you! Learn more about our team
Full- and Part-time Psychologist
Aspire Psychology is a multi-disciplinary practice offering therapy and medication management. We currently have three psychologists and two psychiatric nurse practitioners. We are looking for a full-time psychologist (24 or more patient hours per week) and a part-time psychologist (7-12 hours per week) with the potential for room to grow.
Candidates must be licensed as a psychologist. While it’s important to be able to work independently, we will have a team of practitioners with whom you can consult and collaborate. The ideal full-time candidate would provide 24 or more client hours per week. Varying specializations and theoretical orientation are welcome and encouraged. Must pass state-required background check and a DMV check, and have a valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Offer professional counseling services to adults, and if you choose teens, with mild to moderate mental health conditions
- Maintain professional license in the state of Oregon
- Maintain malpractice liability insurance (can start at the time of contract)
- Conduct counseling sessions with clients using professional counseling standards for the following: treatment plans, counseling sessions, assessments (if needed or required), and interventions according to professional counseling records standards; complete a comprehensive intake, and develop a diagnosis and treatment plan for each client
- Follow legal and professional counseling obligations, such as HIPAA compliance and confidentiality, as well as all federal, state and local legal guidelines, license criteria and applicable code of ethics
- Maintain professional conduct in accordance with the brand and mission of Aspire Psychology
Compensation is based on the number of clinical hours completed each month. Part-time private practice counseling is generally considered 23 or fewer face-to-face client hours per week and full-time private practice counseling is generally considered to be 24 or more face-to-face client hours per week. In this case, the part-time employee would be hired for 7-12 patient hours. Earning potential depends on insurances accepted and client caseload. Motivated psychologists working four to five full days per week on a consistent basis could produce a yearly salary around 80-90K. Building a caseload and retaining clients effectively can take time, so a ramping-up period of lower income can potentially take up to a few months. However, our psychologists almost all have full caseloads, so you would be getting the majority if not all incoming referrals.
Part-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatrists
Aspire Psychology is a mental health practice seeking Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatrists (MD, DO) to join our team. We are hiring full-time prescribers (28 or more patient hours per week) or part-time prescribers (16-27 hours per week).
While we are looking for prescribers who have more than one expertise or area of focus, we are interested in candidates who have strong experience and knowledge of eating disorder treatment. One of our psychologists specializes in disordered eating and we have many referral sources sending us clients with eating disorders. This would be a great opportunity to collaborate client care.
Candidates must be licensed as Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) or Psychiatrist (MD, DO). While it’s important to be able to work independently, we will have a team of practitioners with whom you can consult and collaborate. Must pass State-required background check, DMV check and have a valid driver license.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Offer prescribing services and relevant therapy to the following: adults and potentially teens (not including individuals under 16) with mild to moderately severe mental health conditions.
- Maintain professional license in the state of Oregon.
- Maintain malpractice liability insurance (can start at the time of contract).
- Conduct individual sessions with scheduled clients using professional standards in accordance with individual treatment plans; document treatment plans, sessions, assessments (if needed or required) and interventions according to professional records standards; complete a comprehensive intake and develop a diagnosis and treatment plan for each client.
- Follow legal and professional obligations, such as HIPAA compliance and confidentiality, as well as all federal, state and local legal guidelines, license criteria and applicable Code of Ethics.
- Maintain professional conduct in accordance with the brand and mission of Aspire Psychology.
Compensation is based on the number of clinical hours completed each month. Part-time private practice is generally considered 16-30 face-to-face client hours per week and full-time is generally considered to be at least 32 face-to-face client hours per week. The earning potential depends upon insurances accepted and client caseload. Motivated prescribers working 4-5 full days per week on a consistent basis could produce a yearly salary around $200K or more. Building a case load and retaining clients effectively takes time, so a ramping-up period of lower income can be expected in the first 6 months.
Assistant Office Manager
Position Type: Part Time (20+ Hours/week)
This is a part-time position that will grow into full-time as the practice grows. Work will be remote during Covid and ultimately a mix of remote and on-site at the downtown Portland Aspire office at SW 12th and Morrison. It includes working closely with the office manager doing the necessary daily business operations.
- High School Diploma
- 2 or more years in medical or mental health clinic
- 2 or more years of insurance coordination of benefits
- 2 or more years with electronic medical/health records (EMR/EHR) systems
- 2 or more years of customer service
- Familiar with Google Suite, Intake Q and Therapy Notes (EHR)
- 2 or more years working in a mental health practice
- Education in psychology or related subject
Job Responsibilities: (note – this is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities)
- Data entry
- Create electronic patient charts
- Upload intake documents using Intake Q and Therapy Notes
- Assist (as needed) with patient contact via email and phone
- New patient Intake phone screens and follow up
- Address patient questions and concerns
- Manage all patient documents through lifecycle
- Discuss insurance and past due balances with patients
- Schedule intakes for clinicians
- Assist clinicians as necessary
- Obtaining or providing patient records
- Trouble-shooting technology or systems issues
- Mail, fax and upload as necessary (e.g. scan and upload billing documents)
- Upload documents to team drive
- Insurance tasks (essential)
- Knowledge of psychiatric and psychotherapy CPT billing codes
- Verify patient benefits in a timely manner
- Understanding of “in and out of network” outpatient coverage
- Ability to thoroughly explain benefits to patients
- Read and interpret explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Experience with Oregon insurance health plans
- Assist with monthly billing audits
- Keep up-to-date on insurance company updates, specific policy updates, patient policy renewals and terminations
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, go-getter, active problem-solver, possess initiative
- Accepts direction, team player, ready to learn
- Highly experienced with technology
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- $17-19 hourly wage (depending on experience)
- Paid time off (if working 25 or more hours)
- Paid holidays (if working 30 or more hours)
- 401K retirement matching
For immediate consideration please send resume and cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working at Aspire Psychology to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit our website at aspirepsychologyportland.com